Saturday, April 30, 2005

Part Two...Mavericks!


My latest (and final) rendition of Mavericks. Later I will ad the photo rendering I was working off. The process was pretty straight forward. The photo, then I reworked it in fireworks and changed it to my liking. Then I painted it (which was a real bugger). It's pretty big (not as big as I would like...hehe...love to do a 5 x 8 foot rendition) like 30 x 40 and is oil on canvas.

The hope is you can feel the BOOM of the wave. Please do comment and ask if you want to see closeups of various areas of the painting. But give me some feedback.

Thanks to Mike and Chy for encouraging me to push through on the surfer. Tough stuff.
Posted by Hello

1 comment:

tabitha jane said...

gorgeous.

color is so scary sometimes!

i want to paint like that, but i need to be brave.