Saturday, August 27, 2005

Pt. Reyes Station Part Three


The common area mid-level at St. Columba. A magnificent view of Tomales Bay. Click to see a larger view.
________

The relationship grew with St. Columba’s, but alsways the larger draw was The ocean...the various beches...Limantour, Drakes Bay, Abbot's Lagoon and North Beach.. Over the years many of my friends would visit, retreats were held…some would actually live and work there in the community. They would meet others, some would marry locals, others find deep spiritual roots. All because we took a little adventure on a Saturday in 1991.

The room above is just below my usual room, St. Jean Vianney.

I led a retreat there in 1992 with a group of college students on Hermeneutics. I taught them how to interpret ancient documents, scripture. One ended up going to Princeton, another to Regent; several others found other schools and have become teachers in their own right.

When I visit now, it is not uncommon for people to hail me on the street, even though my visits are only six or so times a year.

But there is more to tell. Little snapshots from a relationship that began 38 years ago and are held inside like a family album. Posted by Picasa

No comments: