Wednesday, November 21, 2007

T-Minus 1 Hour and Bone Tired

This is a tired man. He has another 9-11 hours to go before he naps for 90 minutes in Manhattan. I had been up for the better part of 17 hours already and still feeling weak. But I had made it this far. I figured I could sleep on the plane. I figured wrong.


The flight is delayed. Then delayed again. And again.

Finally at 12:30 a.m. we boarded and took off for JFK at around 1 a.m. PST.

So it took almost as long to get from Marin to the inside of the airplane at SFO as it did to get from SFO to the outside of the plane at JFK.

The flight was murder. I never slept. The cabin was cramped. They kept offering me drinks which I refused (I don't drink) and most of the advanced gizmos on the Virgin America view screens did not work. Worse we hit major turbulence and the woman two seats over was freaking.

I arrived at JFK around 8:30 a.m. EST and was absconded by a very nice man with a Limo of sorts (and sort of beefed up fancy SUV Limo) for the same price as a Cab. I arrived at 60 Cooper Street exhausted but happy to be in New York. My only worry was the cat...
Posted by Picasa

No comments: