Wednesday, November 21, 2007

T-Minus 7 hours (2 till departure for SFO)

"Hey..." I said as we lay there lamenting her leaving for New York, "I have kind of a crazy idea..."

We both knew that I was still tired and vulnerable from my being ill. That morning I had barely been able to get out of bed, yet had made it for errands, cooked a fresh pot of soup, went to the Zen Garden with her and then to coffee in Larkspur. So it was 4:30 p.m. and she had to leave at 7 to catch her flight back to Manhattan.

"What if I followed you back to New York...tonight?"

I thought she would think I was crazy...but Moon never thinks I am crazy unless I am joking or fooling myself. The latter happens rarely. The former happens every 37 seconds.

We hopped up (nice hopping) and got on the computer and phone. Virgin Air (I had a previously unused ticket) was shut down for a system failure with booking for an hour.

We held it loosely and prayed together.

Then I went off to pack just in case.

By 6 p.m. we had a reservation and I had talked with Roomie abt the plants and birds and fish (taking over dominion of my small kingdom). Then it was just an insane dash to get it all packed, prepared, dishes done...etc...everything except where I left my glasses (It's over a week later and I still do not know).

We left at 7 p.m. for SFO to return the rental car, take the Air Train, stop at my terminal to get cash (for the cab once I got to NY) and for me to rest once.

It was an audacious move I will never regret.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: